Tonight is the 3rd DNC sanctioned debate. Some basics (courtesy of NPR and NYT):
- When & Where? 7-10 p.m. ET, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
The debate will begin at 8 p.m. Eastern (7 p.m. Central) and last until 11 p.m. Eastern, so the debate will be three hours long. It’s worth noting that the debate this month is estimated to last 30 minutes to an hour longer than the July debates.
- What channel is it on? ABC and Univision (with Spanish translation); also via websites for Good Morning America and Five Thirty-eight.com, Hulu Live, Apple TV, Apple News, Amazon FireTV, The Roku Channel, YT, and Twitter. (Note: it’s all ABC sites, except for Univision).
- Debate format? The debate format will be one minute and 15 seconds for direct responses to questions and 45 seconds for responses and rebuttals. Candidates will have the opportunity to deliver opening statements, but there will be no closing statements.
- Who are the moderators? ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, David Muir, Linsey Davis and Univision’s Jorge Ramos
- Who’s on the stage? Fmr VP Joe Biden, Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kamala Harris of California, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, as well as South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Obama Housing Secretary Julián Castro, former Rep. Beto O’Rourke of Texas and tech investor Andrew Yang.
Why hasn't Bernie dropped out and endorsed Warren? https://t.co/eBqRzpBP5m
— NY For Sanders #Bernie2020 (@NYforSanders) September 12, 2019
What you focus on u feel. A coworker told me she had no hope that we'd get rid of Trump. I told her I had enough hope for the both of us, so I would hope for her. She laughed & said "You're right, I have to stop thinking that way" I replied "Exactly" #NotMeUs #DemocraticDebate pic.twitter.com/CSwTR3Tdf7
— Carrie Michelle #Volunteers4Bernie (@carriechelle1) September 12, 2019
The media’s eyes are on Biden and Warren, who will share the center space. However, Andrew Yang promises something different:
Andrew Yang’s campaign manager just called to tell me that at tomorrow night’s debate, Yang will be doing "something no presidential candidate has ever done before in history.” He declined to go further than that.
— Sam Stein (@samstein) September 11, 2019
horse race state polls continue, this one out of NH:
— RoseAnn DeMoro (@RoseAnnDeMoro) September 12, 2019
Any predictions about the other candidates and how they will get noticed? Will Bernie be ignored?
Tonight’s #PresidentialDebate is at an HBCU??
• A soulful National Anthem
• Swag-Surfing on Commercial Breaks
• The FIRST question to be about #Reparations
• The SECOND to be about the #StudentDebtCrisis#HBCUdebate
— Councilman khalid (@khalidCares) September 12, 2019
— The Humanist Report? (@HumanistReport) September 12, 2019
Please join us in the comments.